Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

That's it....almost done.  My first and last season of being the head coach of a youth basketball team.  Did it go the way I wanted?  probably not.  Did it go the way I expected, definitely.  So what does that say about me?

A lot of the same feelings when I stopped coaching baseball for Joel.  Second guessing myself on a lot of things.

Although, this time, it's much easier to let go.  I don't think Phil Jackson could have got any more wins out of this team.  Watching scrimmage last night as a ref and coach it was easy to see.  After all the nights of practice and drills the girls still don't run any play past one pass.  This team is here for fun, although it would be nice to see some put a little more effort in to it,  at the end of the day its a youth league.

Good luck in the tournament on Saturday and with the rest of your basketball careers, however far that you take them.

1 comment:

  1. Your kids will have nice memories of you helping out with their team! I still have very fond memories of all the sports I played in grade school and of the coaches I had. I know its hard, I gave up after one year of 4-5 year old T-ball! Man that is difficult! :)

    ReplyDelete