Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Chiminea Hunt

I bet you had no idea it was so hard to find a clay chiminea (locally).  Well it seems fire pits aren't in vogue as much as they were in years past.  So the selection has dropped considerably.

I found this out when it was time to replace my 6+ year old clay chiminea that lost it's cover over winter and took the brunt of the snow, thawing and freezing cycles.

I bought this chiminea at home depot so hey lets go back for another one.



2 Different Home Depot - Nothing,  2 Different Steins - Nothing,  Lowes - nothing.  Really?  One Home Depot had no fire pits or rings at all.

Tracy spotted one at Menards.  Said it had a 'face'. Thinking Kokopelli or some Sun face of some sort, you know, Mexican south-westy. Oh well ho bad can it be.

Welcome to the Brady Bunch Happy Time Chiminea:

Yea, its a Tiki.  South Pacfic is what I think of when I think of clay fireplaces.  It's short.  It's also not the best design, but once it gets cooking it isn't too bad.  I got it just in time too:  When I attempted to move the old one...

No comments:

Post a Comment