Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Caffeine

Well as I catch up on all my blog posts I have lacked on. I did want to mention one thing.  I am attempting to give up caffeine. Yea.  Just like that.

Why, well last week Sunday (2/3) was my last of the coffee I had in the house.  Being the coffee snob I am, I don't like store coffee or Folgers   Also, I did not feel like going to Alterra in Grafton to pick up my monthly supply.  Plus you gotta go on Tuesday because that is double point day.  All purchases get you points (used to be a punch card) which accumulate for in-store credit.  I have probably got 15 pounds or more free over the last few years.  But I digress. Not here to extol the virtues of Alterra's loyalty program.

Anyway, while Joel was home said "you couldn't give up coffee or caffeine".  To which I replied "yes I could" .....it would be rough but I could manage.

So that came back to me and said hey no better time like the present (when you are out of coffee and lazy) to try.  And the first few days were a little hard.  Not for the 'energy' from the caffeine, but the headache of the withdrawal   By Wednesday I decided that I would not only stop with coffee but all caffeine.  So far no coke, root beer, coffee or anything that has any major  (re: measurable) source of caffeine in it.   And I have,  so far over a week now and not feeling any worse for it.  I do miss the warm cup in my hand and it's something to do while working.  I started to understand the addiction part and not always being the substance but the habit behind it.

How long can I keep up the caffeine fast, is yet to be seen.  Now if I could do this for salt and fatty foods.....

1 comment:

  1. What am I supposed to get you for gifts now?!?!? No more Alterra gift cards?? I like my coffee and I dont think I need it, but I like it. Maybe you just need to cut back. Why give up such a good thing?

    ReplyDelete