Pages

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Caffeine update

Hey, tomorrow I will be coffee and for the most part caffeine free for 10 months.  I mean who knew you could do that?

I mean I have not been completely with out it.  I have a coke every now and then, and honestly it's almost too sweet for me now.  I think I have had fewer than 10 soda's in that time.  At a restaurant, I get water or lemonade.  Yea or a beer.

I did buy a 1/2 pound of Alterra, er, Collectivo coffee a few weeks ago. Two Sundays ago I made some.  It was pretty tasty but man the buzz was pretty intense again.  Took a long time to get that 32 oz  (a full french press full) down.  Then came the headache.  Pretty weird.   I may start drinking coffee again  but I really like the fact I don't need to have any every morning to get going and I have saved a bit of cash (I bet around $150. at $15.00 a month).  So maybe just a weekend thing for me.

Whats next?  Gluten free?  Paleo?  Man,  I think those would be so much harder than caffeine.  So many things in the diet to change for those.  I am sure the family would love that too.


2 comments:

  1. So Collectivo gift cards are ok to buy Uncle Jeff now?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I don't know that I will use them. 1/2 pound lasts me a long time.

      Delete