Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

While in Tucson I took the opportunity on Friday to do a little hiking in the Santa Catalina Mountains.  The Coronado National Forest.

I left the family sleeping at 5:30 AM and was at the Marshall Gulch Trail Head by 6:30.

The temps the whole week were always in the 100's but at the trial head it was 58.

I picked a moderate trail, not too hard, not too easy.  Elevation over 8000 feet up.  This would be a good test for a sea level dweller like myself.

The day was cloudy, or was it because we were so high up we were actually in the low clouds all morning.  Either way it made for a great morning.

One thing I noticed is how different the scenery changes in the mountains.  Pine forest, Oaks forest, fields of flowers, incredible ferns even cactus. Not to mention all the new growth taking over where forest fires had burned.

And then there is the water.  Hard to believe I am an hour away from the Arizona desert.  I crossed several streamlets and waterfalls were everywhere. Amazing.

I hiked for about 3 hours, Less than 2 of that actually hiking.  I was taking so many pictures and took a few breaks along the way to enjoy all of it.  In fact the hiking part went rather quickly and I was done with over 4 miles in no time.  I thought about trying a few more loops but had to think about the family.  They were stuck at the hotel with no car and waiting for me to come back.  Not to mention it was an hour drive back. (only 32 miles, but most of it the winding twisties on the mountain).


I headed back with the thoughts of doing this again next time I get down here. Maybe with some people to enjoy it with me too.

Full Picture Album and descriptions here. Please Enjoy them as much as I did taking them.








No comments:

Post a Comment