Pages

Sunday, January 10, 2016

January Hang

Anyone tracking with me I have made it a point of camping or sleeping outside for at least one night a month.

Started in July 2015 and have been successful through December 2015.  Now the 2 next months will be the most difficult I figure for cold anyway.

So last week Saturday night I got the January 2016 night in.


We had a lot of snow on the ground so stakes would not work. I ended up using branches and some firewood logs buried in the snow to hold the corners of my tarp tight. It worked really well.  The temperatures hit about 23° and windchills around 13°.  I was not cold and slept pretty darn good.

I also goofed around with the snowshoes I got for Christmas. It is pretty cool how they work.  I trudged around the yard in my boots alone and was winded after down and up the back.  I put the snowshoes on and what a difference. No sinking in to trudging. Not even close to winded after a loop around the yard. Then I tried wearing them while setting up my hammock. You really have to lift your feet if you plan on walking backwards. I did not and twice I fell on my ass because of this.  I eventually took them off so not to wreck them or hurt myself. Really looking forward to putting some mile son with these. Now a bit more snow would be helpful after all the rain we just got.






No comments:

Post a Comment