Pages

Friday, February 26, 2016

So my posts have been lacking, quite a bit. There are reasons for that.  Since Mackenzie's birthday I really had not had any weekends to relax. I had installed a little cabinet I built for a recurring cutsomer as well as a few other things. Last weekend I took on a most ambitious project indeed: Overhauling the Civic.

I bought this car in 1998 brand new for oh $14,000.  It has almost 270,000 miles on it and is on the original clutch and shocks. Its 70,000 miles overdue for a timing belt and has a cracked exhaust manifold. Not to mention a few other wear parts, like hoses and thermostats and water pumps and belts.

Why not pull the engine and transmission and fix this up right?  Headed over to Ryan's place where he has a huge, heated shed and sets of tools to shock and amaze.  Oh and a electric hoist.

We started Friday night and worked on Saturday to get it out and on a stand.  Amazingly, this thing is in incredible shape.  Knowing what I know now, I might have held off on a lot of these things. It's just not normal for a car this old and this many miles to be so clean.

Replacement parts have been ordered and are arriving to hopefully get this beast back together in another weekend.







No comments:

Post a Comment