Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Well it was bound to happen. Vicci the Civic that I bought brand new on Joel's 5th birthday in 1998 may have seen it's last few miles.

A few weeks ago the brake lines rotted out and as I went to replace them I noticed a lot of other things that are really rotted out.  I was torn. Do I tear it all apart to replace the things that need fixing or just let it go.  It was going to be a largish project and I have neither the time nor the space to do this. If I had a 3 car garage maybe. With some sadness Vicci is being retired from service.  19 years and over 270,000 miles for a car I paid under 14 grand for brand new is not bad.

Lots of good times with it. Fishing trips to Canada with Dad, Took it to the top of Pikes Peak with Joel on our Rocky Mountain road trip, both kids using it as their school transportation after they each got their licence. Teaching them to drive manual transmission, E-brake slides... Just to name a few.




And that time I demolished that deer.

It was never meant to be a museum piece, it was meant to be used. Only the assault of time and weather finally getting to it.

The only problem is I need that extra car for the kids and work and school and everything else that goes on.  I scoured Craigslist for a replacement.

Meet Lucille.


A 2004 BMW 325xi

It's high miles, but kept great with maintenance records for most of its life. It is a 5 speed as was Vicci and Mackenzie seems to love it. Seriously who would't.  Seat heaters, sun roof, all leather with power and memory seats and it all works.  It has a few boogers like missing passenger sunvisor, a few spots of rust and a odd ball replacement rear view mirror. But for what I paid for it I am not complaining.  Runs great.  It does get 12 mpg less than Vicci though. Insurance costs less. Close to a wash.


License 666-ZMX, Yea 666! The DMV actually asked if I was ok with this licence. 






No comments:

Post a Comment