Pages

Saturday, September 9, 2017

A little sad

I was a little sad this weekend.

The car I bought brand new on Joel's 5th birthday is no longer in my driveway.  For almost 19 years that car has been with me.

I sold it to one of Mackenzies classmates for use as a winter beater.

277,075 miles in total

7900 gallons of gas for a total of over $17,000, more than I paid for the car.

Over 40 oil changes.

Killed 1 deer

Road trips to Canada, Colorado, South Dakota and many closer.  Driven by everyone in the family for at least a year.  Everyone had a little touch to it.



However, as a lot of cars will do, the rust started taking its toll on the frame and the brake lines.  It was time. Not being used I had to charge the battery, kill a wasp nest that had taken hold inside the trunk deck lid. Still runs like a champ.  I took it around the block a few times for old time sake.

One of the best cars I ever owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment