Pages

Saturday, December 21, 2019

NYC

Hey! Your favorite travel blogger is back. This time in the Big Apple, New York City.

As usual I was there for work, but all work and no play makes Jeff an even duller boy. Although 45th floor office views are not bad.




Due to delays I got in way too late to do much of anything on Tuesday. Wednesday I worked with meetings and such from 8 to about 3 and then I was finally on my own.

Got back to the hotel, changed clothes and off I went. Shortly there after I received a National Weather Service Alert for snow squalls.  And they were right, big heavy snow started falling within 10 minutes.

I had two options, standard Rockefeller Center stuff because it was close or get back on the train  downtown, to see that at night. I had just been there all day and did not feel like going back so I just went where I could walk.

The snow was flying, and some parts it was so crowded but other places it was almost ghost town.



I walked around, got a bite to eat and called it around 10:30. 

The next day I packed up, checked my bag with the bell hop and headed to Grand Central Station, where I picked up a real non-subway train in which to take me up to Fordham (Home of Fordham University). Where the New York Botanical Gardens are next door.

NYBG was running their annual holiday train show. This year the themed it with New York City landmarks. The buildings are built with foam board underneath and all natural materials on the outside. By all natural, I mean sticks and moss and bark, leaves and the like.  It was an incredible display and amazing craftsmanship.



After the train section, I checked out the conservancy which is much like the Mitchell Park Domes. Tropical forests, Desert and other floral displays, depending n the season.


When done I headed back to the city to get my stuff and head to the airport.  Last business trip of the year and always one of the most looked forward to.






No comments:

Post a Comment