Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

Weekly Update 12/27-01/02/2021

 Well we made it through Christmas and into 2021.

What a year it was. Largest amount of change in one year in probably my lifetime.

Covid, restricted work and leisure travel, social distancing, both Tracy and I are now offcial full time remote employees. We sold our first house, moved across the country. I got my license and have a motorcycle, I section hiked the Appalachian Trail. Living in a the smallest house ever. Building a new house....

I can't complain though, a lot of people are having large changes too, all not as lucky as we are.

This week  there were no late night bike rides this week either.  We did have Kiki for New Years Eve had some take out BBQ, played cribbage and Yahtzee. Had drinks round the fire.  We even stayed up to make it to real new years day in our time zone! 

In the morning I got up and went to the park for a long trail run. More than 7 miles and 1200 feet of elevation gain. I did a trail run last new years day as well,  slightly different environments. I do miss the snow.

                                            2020

                                            2021

After that we went to look at the house. The HVAC is almost done, the rough plumbing is in, the tub and shower surrounds are in. We also have windows! It's starting to really look like a house now. I assume they will finish up the duct work and plumbing this week. Maybe put our patio door in and then work on electrical? 

We are starting to get excited and have started looking for items like fans, pendant lights, and certain appliances. (I have also looked ate water softeners, filters, Wi-Fi stuff) The house comes with a range dishwasher and microwave. Man when did refrigerators get so expensive? If we can't find one right away we do have the basement fridge we brought with us in storage, if it comes to that. 


HVAC OCTOPUS


Master Bedroom Window


Kitchen Island Plumbing


Front Window








No comments:

Post a Comment