Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Ice Age Hike IV

I might as well rename this the Hikers blog. At Jenny's for Jadyn and Jenna's birthday I brought my Ice Age Trail maps and guidebook.  Talked about all the trails available around us and how we should do some of these soon.

Soon was yesterday.  I had some time and the weather was perfect again so I sent Mom a text and asked her if she wanted to go with me.  Surprisingly she did!  So I sat down and reconfigured a route that wasn't too long or too hard and gave her the plan.

We met at the Holy Hill Parking lot and headed to drop a car at the end point (Shannon Rd Lot) and then drove the other car to the starting point on Donegal Road.




The trail is Holy Hill and so the first hill was reasonable.  I wasn't sure how far we would make it the first 30 minutes...


But then we hit a scenic overlook.  


And eventually we go right to the base of Holy Hill and cross the road leading into the Chapel.



Near the end we found a nice little bench, had some trail food (granola, jerky and energy gels) Took a little break and headed to the end.


All in all we did 3 miles total.  Not bad for a first timer!  I still have a few segments to knock out to get my Meander the Mid Moraine trail patch.  


Here is the elevation graph.  See Mom 3 peaks total and a nice gradual return.  


All Pictures Here:

Google Album
Flickr Album

No comments:

Post a Comment