Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Always playing catch-up

Wow another week without any posts.

Well it was a busy week. Monday I was in Little Rock. For work.

Got to stay in the company lodge. Basically the Little Rock campus has its own on site 6 room hotel. Pretty cool. We got kicked out the last day and had to find a different hotel for the last night. We got kicked out because clients get top billing over employees.

Monday night we stopped at Shorty Smalls - a very famous rib joint in LR.


Tuesday we went to the Flying Saucer. It was 3 years since the last time I was there. I added 5 beers to my countdown to 200! You can only have 3 a night, but when I went back Wednesday night they seemed to be out of many of the beers I wanted to order and I was pretty full from dinner. So I only had 2.

Dinner was and even more famous rib joint. The Whole Hog Cafe. Check the site. More awards than you can shake a stick at. I would have to say they were pretty damn good. Shorty smalls was no slouch either. They were slightly different types. Think Riverside Brewery ribs for shorty and a more smoky, true barbecue rib type for THWC.

Wednesday before dinner we took the 10 minute free tour of the William Jefferson Clinton Library. I say 10 minute because we got there 10 minutes before closing. The guard let us in for free and we whipped through as much as possible. Like the man or not, it is an impressive facility. I could not find the blue dress, however.

No comments:

Post a Comment