Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

August is here already

Holy shit, It's August 2nd already. Man, 1 more month of summer vacation. next weekend is beerfest, then 1 more week and off to Canada. Somewhere between there I intend on getting the bathroom done. Starting tomorrow. ...

Saturday was a loong day of shopping and running around. Ordered a fire door for the garage to kitchen entrance. Not cheap, but it will match all the other doors - 6 panel pine and oak jambs. Ran into Mom by complete coincidence at Mayfair while Kiki got a ton of school clothes (30% Gap coupon, thanks Nicole!). Picked up the Wii sports resort with Joel's gift cards and Kiki's cash. They played well past 1:00 AM. Actually that's not saying much because we did not get home from errands and dining until after 10 PM any way. Not sure I can do another 11 hr shopping trip again. Although Tracy will tell you sitting on a couch at Mayfair really does not count. That's where I saw Mom, felt like an old man, getting ready to sleep with the wife shopped.

Today, Joel and I washed and vacuumed both cars, first time I did them by hand all 2009. Dad would NOT be happy with me. Before that I just finished mowing the law for the first time in 5-6 weeks and the right axle broke on me. Dumped the mower deck straight into the dirt. The absolute farthest from the garage. Luckily I was just finished. So I dragged the jack to the spot, lifted it up jury rigged the front wheel and limped it to the garage. About 150.00 in parts to fix. The tractor is 12 yrs old and thats the first thing to ever really ' break'. I have bent some things just out of abuse and use but never like this. While at it, changed the oil and the air filter. 304 operating hours. Doesnt seem like much for 12 years, but that's the equivalent of running it more than 1 day straight every year. Think about driving around the yard for over a day.

Made citrus tequila chicken thighs on the grill. Weber recipe of the week, Really good and juicy but I expected more citrus, using lime and orange juice in the marinade.

Not too much more to say other than Saturday is beer fest in Madison. I may have mentioned that...looking forward to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment