Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kentucky

This to week was a busy one.  Wednesday afternoon I had to grab a flight to Dayton.  Yea Ohio.  Thursday meeting (maybe) and a Friday meeting in Cincinnati.


Never been to Dayton before this.  It's a older town, the birth place of the Wright Brothers.  The hotel was kinda dumpy and the neighborhoods were an odd mix of sketchy and retro chic.  Like not sure which way they wanted to go.  I walked about a mile to a highly rated pizza place.  SouthPark Tavern.  Pizza was good.  Different crust, like a hand tossed Domino's but not at all tasting like that cardboard.  Bonus.  18 tap beers from all over.  Tap board shaped like a guitar.  Ate way too much and walked back to the hotel.






 Thursday was a light day for work, I drove from Dayton to Covington KY.  Yes, Kentucky is on the other side of the Ohio river and its also where Cincinnati's Airport is located.  Anyway my Thursday meeting did not happen which pissed me off a bit but it gave me some more time in the afternoon.  I found a cool little place for lunch. Steak sliders and a waffle cone canolli.
After 5 I had some time to kill before I picked up a co-worker at the airport. So I did a little trail running, hiking and throw in a geocache or two.


Finally, I picked up Greg around 7:00 and we went to dinner.  KungFood Chu's Amerasia.  Yep a Chinese restaurant with Kung fu movies playing over the bar.  That and they also had an incredible beer list.  Not your average Asian restaurant.  Excellent food to end the day.  

If you care, Friday sucked, long day, meetings, driving, airports, layovers, more airports, airport food driving, rain etc all to get home at 11:30 PM

2 comments:

  1. Is that an iced tea? Caffeine Jeff!! Not near as much as coffee though! :) Oh and the canoli looked yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah don't worry it's so little caffeine.. Plus I more than balanced that out with booze. I am always hungover or working on one.

    ReplyDelete