Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

More travel

Last week was a long week for me.  Lots of long work hours and travel to another state.  But you know what that means!  When I need to travel for work, I try to make it as work free as possible after hours.

A little Mexican for dinner in Little Rock.  This is Chuy's.   I have a shirt from them when I ate there in Houston over 10 years ago.  Looks like they have expanded the chain out of Texas.


Really good Chili Rellenos.  Look it up.  Like a stuffed green pepper, but its an Anaheim pepper and then, what the hell,  lets deep fry that too.

After dinner on to the beer hunt.  New place just opened in August.  Stones Throw.  Decent beer, not spectacular by any means.  Tiny little brewery, want a tour go give yourself one.  



It also was Thursday Arky Trivia Night.  I sat at the bar having no intention of playing a game I would not win.  But the gentleman sitting next to me cajoled me into it.   15 questions of purely Arkansas based trivia, 10 of them Civil war related.  I got 3 right!  which was more than the dude next to me got right.  And he was asking his 20 year old college daughter for answers.  I said HEY I can play that game and started texting my kids.  Joel's phone wasn't working and Kiki just called me a dork but put a heart after it so that made it ok.

Friday came and went, left work a little early for lunch and a free birthday month beer at the Flying Saucer.  Pumpkin beer.  Yep its October, its now appropriate for me.  I am also only 186 Beers away from getting my name on the ceiling of this place.  A guy can dream.

Sure I will have one more, I'm not piloting this thing...




No comments:

Post a Comment