Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Run

Hey I know Jenny is the runner this year, but hey, I can run when I have to.

Sunday Tracy and I did the KEYS 5K.  That's the Kewaskum schools private scholarship program that awarded Joel $6,000.  So we try to give back a bit.

It was a gorgeous day compared to last years  rain.  Did Tracy and I train for this run?  Well no, just like last year, I mean its 3.1 miles.  How hard can that be?  Right?

Not too bad - I beat last year by about a minute clocking in at 38 minutes or just over 12 minutes a mile.  Tracy was only 3 minutes behind me.  Just think, had I trained even a little I may have done better.  It did not help I have some nasty chest cold thing that really made my lungs burn.  I almost did not run because of it.  That was going to be my excuse anyway.



I am a bit sore today, more than Monday and I thought it would help my cold and it didn't .  Running is just not my bag.  I will stick to blowing out a lung on my bicycle.  Although next year I may even train for a few weeks before the run........I doubt it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment