Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Ever get that feeling where you start a project and bit off more than you can chew? Yea happens all the time with me. It's not so much more than I can chew it's usually the super-size that does it to me. It looks good and sounds good. But in the middle of it you're looking around and thinking, well its alright but I am getting sick of this and man it will take a me a long time to finish.

That's me and my current project - repainting the entire house. So that involves stripping, sanding, fixing and replacing old and rotted and worn out things. Like storm windows that are no longer available and porch tear outs and woodpecker damage and the list goes on. The more I do the more I find and the less I want to do it. It has to get done, but man I have 100 other things I would rather be doing that's for sure.

Like getting a final ride in before this Saturday. Less than 5 days before I partake on that 100Km ride. Am I ready? Probably not. What's that about more than you can chew? Na, I will do it. It just may take a little longer to finish, but I will. Just like painting the house.





No comments:

Post a Comment