Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Not a lot new going on here.  I was in Florida for work last week.

It was a 'cold front' - meaning highs of 65.  Oh well,  I guess I will have to deal with that.


From my rooms balcony


Its tough sometimes.

And this week is setting up for some stupid cold weather.  Yet no real snow.  We bailed on the Pike Lake Hike due to the cold and Tracy getting a cold.  I had to fix my car Saturday morning.  Coming home from the airport last week, I must have just hit something o the highway just right.  I snapped 3 clips underneath and that allowed the plastic fairing to pull away at high speed and basically grind the fender liner into my tire and ground.  I had to pull off the highway to see what was going on then go buy some duct tape to make it home.  I was in shorts on the ground doing the duct tape fix.  Good times.  So, yesterday I pulled the tape out and did some zip tie fixes and figured out what I needed for parts.  Hopefully it will hold until the parts come and it gets a bit warmer.Thankfully I have a garage heater, except it was almost out of kerosene.  Enough to warm it up to get it done.    

Speaking of getting it done.  This will be the last week for high school basketball.  Last week of practice an one more game. We had parents night last Thursday and all of the sudden it felt like yesterday walking on the court being announced as parents, this time for Mackenzie and not Joel.  I asked Kiki how she felt about being almost over.  Both a bit happy and sad.  It's over 3 months of grind for practices and games and travel, which equates into some long school nights when the away game is over an hour drive. On the other hand it's fun and camaraderie.  The season its self has been very hard, only 2 wins total with the last chance for that elusive 3rd win on Thursday.  Lots of ups and downs and I have a feeling quite a few people on the team won't be back.  Seasons like this can do that.  I think it is pushing Mackenzie to try harder and be better prepared for next year.  Life lesson right there.



No comments:

Post a Comment