Pages

Sunday, March 1, 2015

More day dreaming

As the weather gets colder...Wait isn't it supposed to get warmer?  I keep thinking of more outdoor activities to do.   The more I read the more I realize that having a job is really going to get in the way of some othis stuff I want to do.  Who has time for both right?

Anyway, going back a long tine ago at one of the Boy Scout jamboree camps we went to.  There was this young man who hiked the Pacific Crest Trail.  I mean this had to be 30 years ago if not more.  But his slide show and story always stuck with me.

A few days ago I get an email from REI adventures.  Incredible 'Adventurcations' that they run and guide.  Some really neat stuff.  However, what caught my eye was a brand new mini adventure they were offering.  3 Days on the Pacific Crest Trail.  Basically a guide, some equipment and food is included. You provide transportation and need to have some of the gear.  Boots, pack, sleeping bag.
Check it out here: Pacific Crest Trail

That would be fun.  I would need to gear up, I don't have a pack nor hiking boots and  I probably need to do a few overnighters in the Kettle Moraine Unit here first. It falls under the 3 category for difficulty:

  • (3) Moderate: For outdoor novices and above.
  • Activity: 4-6 hours most days
  • Distances: Hike up to 10 miles most days, cycle 20-40 miles most days
  • Surfaces: rolling or mountainous terrain with some steep ascents/descents and uneven trails
  • Elevation change: up to 3,000 ft/day
  • Altitude: up to 10,000 ft

Should be easy for me with a few local weekends in.  That and as long as I keep my current training regimen up.  Right?  Any takers to come with?  Anyone?  Cmon.  That August 28-30 date is a ways off....

No comments:

Post a Comment