Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Man just after complaining about not doing much last week. I did it all this week.

Wednesday, Kiki had driver's ed at the high school so dropped her off and I hit the New Fane biking trails and got almost 10 miles of trail riding in.  It was perfect, no bugs a little breeze and not too hot.  Two laps - loop 1-3 and then 1-4.  My time on 1-3 was almost 8 minutes better than my best time last year.  All this exercise is paying off?

On Saturday I hit the gym, then the trail.  Finally knocked out the last section of the Ice Age trail in Washington County.  Starting at the Slinger House and ending at the trail parking on Paradise, where I started this back in March.

I wish I could say this was a great hike, but honestly, it was the part I was looking forward to the least.  Over eight and a half miles and most of that on county highways.  Talk about long, boring and a little dangerous.


HWY 41 Overpass



There was about a 2 mile section in the woods. One thing I had not had to deal with prior to this trip....Mosquitoes!  As soon as I entered the woods, it got still and the bugs were all over me.  I did not bring any repellant so I just hunkered down and got through.


The trail also goes through this farmers field.  How cool will this be when the corn gets taller?

After this is was all roadway.  Some 6 miles of asphalt.  Keeping my head on a swivel watching for traffic coming at me.  Amazing how few people look more than just a few feet in front of them while driving.  


About 6 miles in a nice little park with tables and a hand operated well pump.  Took a breather had some snacks before I finished the last 2 miles or so.

Got to my car in 3 hours.  Not bad with 30 minutes of break time. 3.5 MPH when moving and with 15 pounds of gear in my pack (Cameras, food, water, rain gear etc).  

So in 7 days I went from Waukesha County all the was through Washington and into Fond du lac. Over 51 miles!  Now to get that backpack get some heavier loads and do some more training for California.....


Elevation plot






No comments:

Post a Comment