Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Getting Antsy

Don't know how else to put this but I am going some what stir crazy these last 2 weeks.  Too many graduation and weddings and parties that are breaking up my weekends.

I have not got one trail ride in - too much rain closes the trails.  Had not got much paddling in because I have not had the time to devote to a trip of more than 2 hours. The only thing I have done is hiking, but I want to expand that to some overnight hiking trips in the area.  I really want to test myself with that.  I still think that Pacific Crest Trail hike at the end of August it in sight.  Yea I still need a backpack (part of the test and training). You can bet I have researched everything else and then some (airfare, car etc.)

Physically, I can't recall when I was in any better shape. 3 days a week of Crossfit, followed by 90 minutes of basketball on Sunday and the occasional hikes for the last 4+ months has really made a difference.  I can actually pick up my boat and place it on top of my car, no extra supports or help needed. I don't get winded doing light activities. I don't get nearly as sore as I did when I do anything strenuous. Not to say anything of how this improves my mood more often than not.

I am pushing myself to set some goals for activities.

Finish the Ice Age Trail in Washington County Slinger segment
1-2 Overnight backpacking trips, locally (any Friday/Saturday night)
1-2 Overnight Weekend Kayak trips (St Croix in September and the Lower Wisconsin July)
4 Days of mountain bike trail rides (lunch time during the week for local runs)
4 River trips of 8 miles or more. (Milwaukee, Horicon/Rock River, Cedar Creek)
1 Car camping weekend  - Long/Mirror?Devils Lake?
5 Day PCT trip end of August?

Throw in the the weekend for the Great Taste of the Midwest and a week of back to school in Arizona (for the last time) and my dance card is full.

I am looking for anyone interested in coming along on any of these activities.  I am not adverse to being a lone wolf, but hey I will take the company.  Currently all these overnight activities (minus car camping) are pretty much pushing the envelope for Tracy and her hip. My daughter being a 15 year old girl, can't stand the thought of going 1-2 days without a shower and Joel hasn't sounded too interested either.  I have an extra boat for the overnighters if interested.  Camping on the sand bars of the Wisconsin River, sleeping under  the stars....







2 comments:

  1. We are going camping at Mirror Lake Friday July 31- Monday August 3. Hiking Devils and Mirror Lake one day, Downtown Dells..another....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm Got room for more at your campsite? That is an open weekend so far for us.

      Delete