Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2015

BrewDay!

Lately I have been enamored with coffee beers.  Mostly coffee stouts.  The current favorite I can get locally is Hinterlands Luna Stout.  Really good stuff.  I wish I could get some Pearl Street Java Lava but that would require a trip to Madison or further west.

Instead I decided to make my own.  With a little internet research I was able to find a few recipes that might meet my requirements.  I scaled them to my 3 gallon size, altered a few things and I ordered all the stuff on Sunday.

The ingredients arrived on Thursday and promptly at 5:00 PM I started brewing.


This recipe used 7 different grains.  I cannot recall ever using so many at one time.



After mashing it looked like coffee! Except there is no coffee in it at this point (that comes later).


It's fermenting away and hopefully I will have it kegged in time for our Halloween party.




No comments:

Post a Comment