Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Cabin Fever

Well here it is 2017. The weather is typical.  Snow, melted snow, ice, and rain.  As if it weren't grey enough.

The dogs were getting feisty with each other and I had a touch of cabin fever. Sunday I grabbed one of them and we did the Culver's out and back hike here in West Bend. Thats starting at Hwy D, traversing the Ice Age trail for about 2 and half miles where it pops out on Hwy 33 behind Culvers. Its ok if you want Culver's and with hunting season going on for another few days, this section hunting is prohibited, so that is a plus.


Where are we going!?!


Trail crossing at Beaver Dam road

This time though because I had a furry companion, there would be no Culver's,  We just stopped had some water shared a few pretzels and headed back.  Although I am sure Beamer would have loved a burger or 3.


Frozen marsh


Where does he get the energy?


Obligatory selfie.



Being out in the sort of snow made me want for a snow storm. I think it would be perfect to snowshoe this trail after a good snow. Also since I bought Tracy snowshoes and poles for Christmas, (Am I an awesome husband or what?) As is sat, it was half melted, then frozen with foot prints and icy ruts. I did not take my trekking poles and wish I did. I didn't fall but it may have helped my balance. With snowshoes and more snow pack it would have been fun. Then I thought about an overnight in a snowstorm.... Now I am planning one night in the Kettle Moraine when snow is forecast. probably needs to be perfect timing,  but snowshoe/backpack in, camp the night and hike out the next morning. Just think of the quietness of the forest while snowing. Yea I am a weirdo.






No comments:

Post a Comment