Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Weekly Update 11/14-11/21

 Week Three is over. We finally feel like we are settled in. It also feels like we are getting somewhere on the house.

Waste plumbing is in and they will backfill for the next step - the slab. Exciting! The house next to ours is already framed! So it goes fast once the slab is in.  We also finally made the appointment with the design center. Where we will go through all our options. Electrical, Floors, Cabinets, counters fixtures and the like. 



We also, did a few more items around the house. Got the Smokey Joe from storage and made brats. Ya Wisconsin. We also had a fire again, and I made Tracy here first Old Fashioned in Arizona. 

Took Tracy's car in for an oil change. Almost killed me to do that. I always do my oil changes.

I did a lot of biking this week.  

I bought my first motor cycle. I know, that didn't take long.  A used BMW F650GS. That was Wednesday. Looking forward to riding that around as the temps get cooler.


On Wednesday afternoon my realtor turned friend, texted me if I want to go do some night mountain biking with him on Friday night. Desert riding? At Night? I tentatively tell him ok.

I need to get a helmet (buried in storage) I also need pedals, as the ones I have are clip in and well my shoes are buried in storage. I jump on the cycle and go to the bike store. Helmet and pedals in hand, I let Mark know I am all in.

He picks me up around 5 and by the time we get all in and started its 6:30 PM. Got off the rail at 10:30 PM went and chowed and had a post ride beer. Didn't get home until almost 1:00 AM.  I might have had a good time.

I cannot even explain how ape shit crazy this was. Its DARK, a little bitty light on the handle bar lights up about 20 feet in front of you, Oh and the hardest part is - you can't look ahead with your head because the light is only where your handlebars are pointed.

Huge river washes, deep sand, cactus and trees trying to bite you everywhere. We did 18 miles and 1200' of elevation gain! I only crashed twice in deep sand.. One guy caught a flat. One guy had cactus spines all over. I busted a spoke. We would do a section, rest talk and turn the lights off.  The half moon just lit everything up. It was amazing. Mountain and dark silhouettes. 

Totally going to do more, just need to not do 18 miles the first time. I am still sore. The crew I was with, my realtor Mark, and two of his friends Carl and Ian were really cool and they even gave me props for keeping up with them. 1st night ride, first desert ride, 18 miles. My old side pull brakes and hardtail design and tiny 26 " wheels. (one guy had a fully decked out Specialized Carbon Fiber StumpJumper basically he paid more for that than the motorcycle I just bought). That's me, giver all, act the bad ass and crawl back home to die when no one is watching. LOL 





No comments:

Post a Comment