Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dells Weekend


Had a nice Thursday - Saturday mini-vacation in the Dells. Tubing on the Wisconsin river, in less than ideal weather (rain, low 70's). But it was nice. Would be fun with a big group and a cooler, you're not going fast enough to worry about anything. Plenty of sand bars and places to hang out.

Friday was Noah's ark and as usual I had my doubts on how much fun I would have. I am not a great aficionado of the water park, especially the crowded ones in the Dells. :P

Well once I got over my aversion, I had a good time. Joel and I hit most of the slides, including point of no return. Which is more of a workout walking the stairs as well as a psych out not seeing over the edge. The ride itself is more like, that's it. I walked 8 flights of stairs for 4.5 seconds of drop? Mackenzie and Tracy did a few slides and hung at the wave pool.

Did some back to school shopping at the outlet mall and oh, yea. The picture is a panorama of Lake Delton. It looks very strange, stumps, weeds growing, piers that reach into the air and some boats still sitting on lake bed. One sign had pontoon rentals - 4hr for .95 Amusung but sad.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment