Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Great Taste of the Midwest 2008



Ahh where to start. Had a great weekend, beautiful weather, good friends and a few drinks.

Here we are at the beginning of the GTMW. This being my first trip here, I must admit it's even bigger than I had expected. We got started around 2:00, even though the gates opened at 1:00. Apparently there is a huge line to get in at 1:00 so this is a good thing as we did not wait in line for a half hour.

Prior to this, the girls did the huge Madison farmers market whilst the boys got a few bloody marys. Then off to the Great Dane for some lunch, more drinks and the shuttle bus to the event.

All that said we were already in a groove before we got there.

Here we are on the grassy knoll, taking a break. I have all the other photos on the web site here.


Anyway... Tracy's shirt got a lot of (good) attention. Well worth the effort to get it.

We drank our way through quite a few of the tents, but never fully got through everything. We probably missed a tent and a half. As Glen put it, 'need to rethink my strategy for next year'. Yes we probably started way too early in the day and the afternoon was a blur.

After the fest we tried to play bar dice, drink some more, had dinner, played darts, drank some more...(see a pattern). I know Tracy and I wussed out around 12:30. She had meds to take and I was done.

Sunday was IHOP (yummy) and head home. Let's do it again next year!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment