Pages

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lazy Weekend

Friday was a little messed up as my mom had dad admitted to the hospital with shortness of breath. Typical Pop - he sees us show up in his room (emergency room at the time) and shakes his head like - Uh, you don't have to be here. Well of course we do. That's what family does. Anyway Jim and I hand around until about 1:00 AM or so and head out. CT scans indicated fluid in his lungs and the drained him Saturday afternoon and sent him home.

Mom keeps worrying me - she is always talking the worst case scenario and I think she has thought about it too much. Dad is in his 2nd chemo treatment, this stuff takes time.

Anyway, I don't like to dwell, so back to baking, just finishing up some lemon poppy seed pound cake to take to dad. Get him to eat anything if I can. Then 2 strip steaks with a Dijon horse radish sauce for dinner, a spinach salad, pan browned red potatoes and some green beans form the garden. Oh yea, got 2 tomatoes, 1 cucumber, 2 ancho chilies and 1/2 lb of green beans so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment