Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring?

Ok I think that spring is officially the shittiest season we have.  It's still cold, its rainy and snowy and sloppy.  The yards look like garbage and the dwindling snowbanks look like tailings from a mining operation.  I know why the call it spring cleaning.  Because of the mess spring makes and tracks into your house. Seriously.

So I put away the skis and snowboard for another year.  I got out 5 times after Christmas with my new cross country skis.  I only put down about 13 miles not quite 3 on each trip.  Not as much as I would have liked to but next year I will get all of December and hopefully it won't be negative temps for 2 weeks straight. Plus now I remember how it goes, the first time out was kind of rough.

Its also the time of planning, what needs to be done to the house, the yard, any other outings and vacation plans for the real seasons.

I know I have a ton of stuff to do.  Fix a few windows (dry rot), paint all the trim on the house. Stuff no one likes to do, but you have to do.

I am also planning on more bike riding, and hopefully some paddling adventures too.

The snow on the deck is almost gone and this morning we reminisced a bit.  Reminded of how much Bailey loved his winter and hated to see his outdoor 'beds' melt.




Here's to a quick spring..

No comments:

Post a Comment