Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Hey yesterday it hit the mid forties.  Maybe even 50 I am told.  So what does that mean?  A bit of cabin fever.

Let me back up a bit.  Saturday was almost 40 and sunny so I also did some stuff outside.  Like shovel off the deck, like doggy doo treasure hunting, summerizing the snow-blower  and some other yard and garage clean up things.

Sunday morning, I prep the grill for a bit of pulled pork.

 
9:00 AM (had to let the frost burn off a bit) Some wood chips for smoke, some beer for the steam and a 5 pound shoulder with a nice dry rub on it


Enter the grillers assistant.  "Can I have some, now?",  "How about now?", "Now?"  He's a slow learner.

  

And the smoking begins.  

This takes a long time.  So while that starts cooking I start cleaning.


Such a dirty pig.  Not washed since October.




Wait I have have something on the grill.... Oh yea.  7 hrs later...

I had to scoop it off the grill because it fell apart.  The best part is pulling it apart after it cools a bit.  The outside smoked crust.  It's like bacon and all kinds of smokey fatty crispy goodness.  I think I eat a sandwich worth just shredding it.  

 Two cars with the winter funk off of them.  Hey it's not supposed to snow until Thursday...Not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment