Pages

Monday, May 19, 2014

Voiden Maydage

After a long day of moving on Saturday, I was treated to another nice day and decided to get out on the water.

Loaded the kayak on the car and took it to Erler lake.  Its less than 3/4 of a mile from our house as the crow flies.  However not being a crow, I had to drive.  It's less than 2 miles via car.   Has a nice little swimming beach, a fishing pier and a boat launch.  

Unhooked the boat from the car and carried it over to the launch.  Quite a few people out there today.  Two boats, people fishing from the boat launch and fishing pier.  

I get in and take off.  Went across and then did a loop of the lake.



Pretty happy with my paddling skills I head back to the dock to grab some fishing gear.  I had a little bit of an issue getting out of the boat and ended up getting my feet wet a bit but no big deal.  

Grabbed the gear and headed back out to do some angling.  Something kind of funny,  it has been so long since I last had a Wisconsin fishing licence I got it at the welcome back/new fisherman rate of $5.00.  Apparently that means more than 10 years  or more since the last time I did that.  

Found a few little places and started casting.   All in all I caught 5 total fish.  No keepers (the large-mouth bass on this lake have to be at least 18" to keep).

The lake was definitely behind due to the weather.  There usually are a lot more weeds and structure on this lake but not yet.  It looked like mid April, not mid May.  I mean look at the trees, no leaves and barely budding.  



I was out on the water for about 2 and a half hours and it was really nice.  Can't wait to get on some river trips and more fishing later this year.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment