Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Wow what a crazy week.  Good news is the weather is getting better, finally.  Bad news is that just means I have less reasons to not start projects like painting and other things.

So last Saturday I did a brake job on the car with 310,000 miles.  It pains me to stick even a little money into that car.  After that you all saw the 25 mile bike ride.  Then I had softball practice, then off to Madison to do the annual Great Taste of the Midwest wait in line thing.  And wait we did.  Actually not too bad.  We got to the new spot a little before 6:00 AM and procured the 127-130th place in line.  Pretty much after 150 there is no guaranty you will get a ticket. We were close, but we all got tickets.

Tuesday I headed off to Cincinnati for a business meeting.  'Cause business is boring I will just go with the cool parts.  First, I grabbed Chick-Fil-A because such a simple sandwich should not be that good. But it is, and we really can't get them here.

The other place I ate at was called Buckheads.  Now mind you Cincinnati is on the river and the downtown is alright, but there is probably more action on the south  side of the Ohio river in northern Kentucky.  This place had a huge outdoor deck to eat on and here is what it looks like


Pretty cool, even if it is just Kentucky.  This place also had their version of fried cheese.  Called 'cheese boulders'  how could a Wisconsin guy pass that shit up?  AMIRIGHT?


Just what you expected.  4 kinds of cheese in one ball breaded and fried topped with Parmesan cheese and a side of marina. 

The next day I had to leave but not before a little more of the things you can't get up here.  The George Webb of the south: Waffle House  or for the hoity-toity Waffle Haus.


Yea I know, I know where is the waffle?  Trust me on this, I make better ones at home.  They use the same Carbons waffle mix we use, its just not a Belgian style but a flat pancake type waffle.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  But the rest of this is pretty tasty.  In fact, the hash-browns are right up there, better than GW by far. 

Now back to the bike this weekend gotta work off some cheese boulders.  I only have 28 days until the ride.  Gulp.



No comments:

Post a Comment