Pages

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Oh man - last day - Kiki and I leave in less than 24 hours!

We are scheduled to leave at 3:30 AM or earlier, to get through Chicago traffic before 6:00 AM.  Nobody wants to start a trip snarled in Monday rush hour traffic.

Yesterday I pulled the roof rack off the car, first time since we picked up the kayaks in April or May.  That rack has got a workout this year, between kayaking and biking.  In fact I went mountain biking on Friday.  I crashed a little...gashed my knee and hit my bike computer with my leg so hard I snapped the zip ties holding it to my bike,  right off.  Good times.

Anyway - the car was filthy.  You know I like keeping my cars clean, and this was probably the longest I had gone without washing it.  On top of that the cars had been left outside the last month or so because the garage had become staging for painting the house (and the entire first floor of house is done!).  

So gross.  I ran over some manure mix somewhere it was all in the wheel wells.  The main road coming to our house was chip sealed last month, so my wheels had little tar stones in every spoke and all over the rocker panels.  I could just hear dad in my head complaining about that as I had to run a finger in every spoke because the brush was not getting the job done.

A few hours later I had got it as clean as I could given the time I had.  So clean I should get an extra MPG cause it is so slippery.  Now we are trip ready.




Kayaks reflected longingly in the car.  


Remember to follow the road trip starting tomorrow HERE!



No comments:

Post a Comment