Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Holiday in New York

My annual December visit to New York for work was this week.

As almost usual - my first flight was cancelled, then the replcement flight was delayed.  I should have been there before 2 PM. I finally got in at 9 PM  This is what you look like after sitting in the airport for 7 hours...


After a long day I still manage to go out for a few sights and grab dinner.


The whole album of pics if you want to see more.  There is even a small video.  It's cool and fun to go out there, but I have done it close to 6 times, now and I don't want to sound non-appreciative of it but its the same all the time.  I would like to have others with me to experience it some time.  Sounds like a family trip for some year.

Had dinner a my first Kosher steak house.  It was probably my first kosher any restaurant.  What does that mean?  Nit real sure, it was a bit more expensive that's for sure.

I also went to a store that I have always wanted to see.  B&H Photo.  I have ordered from them out of the back of photography magazines before the internet was available.   This store is crazy.  Just tons of people all over so many different areas over 2 floors.  It was overwhelming for sure.  Very nerdy, very cool.

The plane ride home was only delayed about an hour (all due to weather).  I had some free drink coupons that expire at the end of the year so I used them up.  No more beer for this guy.  Right for the hard stuff.  Bottle of scotch please.  Take the edge off a long week.


Until next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment