Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

Weekly Update 12/6-12/12

 Not too much new here. The house wasn't framed as of Thursday, but even though more lumber was delivered.

On Tuesday the crew called me up for another night bike ride. It was the most aggressive ride to date. almost 10 miles. Starr Pass Loop. Listed as Intermediate/Difficult. At night it was definitely difficult. Didn't crash or anything, I did have to slow down and even walk in a few places. Overall it was still a good time.

We got quite a bit of rain on Wednesday and the temps cooled down considerably. The water does not really soak in here, but just puddles and run of. Still standing water in many places 4 days later.

Oh yeah, Tracy had to do some work Saturday, so I took the opportunity to take my cycle up to Summerhaven. 25 mile ride on the Catalina Highway topping out at over 8,000' in elevation.  It was a blast. Except traffic slowed me down a lot. It was very pleasant 65 decrees when I started and at the top it was 41 when I stopped at Mt Lemmon cookie cabin. I had my normal riding gear and layers underneath, but it was very chilly in spots. Still snow on the road and in the forest at that elevation. Thank goodness this old bike has handgrip warmers. That helped a lot.  I will be putting a video up the mountain ride out in the next week and will link to it. 

That's all for this week.


 




No comments:

Post a Comment