Pages

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Weekly Updates 11/29-12/5

Hard to believe it is December already. 

We have been here 1 month and a few days now. The vacation vibe has worn off. The cuteness of the casita is gone. Now it's just a stepping stone to other, better things. I did make some bigger meals this week. although it isn't easy. Swedish meatballs and a Pork Tenderloin were both made. Stuff easily made will no longer be taken for granted in a kitchen with 3 square feet of counter top space.

Which brings me to the house update. We have a slab now and lumber is also onsite.




We expect it to be framed next week. It's it starting to feel more real. We have our design center meeting in 2 weeks and only thing I know what I want is lighting, fans and outlets.  

I also did two bike rides. One on the mountain bike. They crew assembled for a Tuesday night ride. I had my cheap-o bike light from Amazon. Highly rated! Um no. not for the riding I was doing. Luckily we were able to get a different light before hitting more trails. There are no shortage of trails around. This particular set is called Fantasy Island. In a very populated area, infact you bike past peoples houses on occasion. There are a ton of trails an loops from easy to hard, including the bunny loop. The crew assessed my skills on the last ride and said lets do all the hard ones. Ok fine, how hard can they be? It was way more technical than the last ride, tighter, looser, way more up and down. I  think I handled it just fine, only a few spots were what I would deem code brown. Maybe it helps going at night? Can't be afraid of what you can't see?  

I had the go pro on but it was set for more daylight shots so they didn't turn out that well.  Plus my bike mount was not made for this and would often point at the ground or the sky based on the bump.



over 11 miles!



My second bike ride was on the motorcycle. After many attempts I was finally able to title the bike. I have an Arizona Drivers License and now my first vehicle titled. (I am holding off on the cars, registration is not cheap down here) Also, after a few Amazon screw ups I had all the parts I needed to fix a few things. With that done in the morning I did  bunch or errands. All gastronomical in nature. 

First up. Tucson Coffee Roasters. Ran out of the stuff from Collectivo and Stone Creek so I figured it was time to try local. By the way, if anyone wants to send me some Collectivo, let me know I will give you my punch card app info. I have around $180.00 of credit on that including a free birthday bag. They won't let you use it for online orders, unfortunately. Anyway, from there I went looking for Roma Imports. Closest thing I could find like a Gloriosos. Not quite a market but close with a full deli/take out and lots of frozen meals (lasagna, ravioli etc.), sauces, and importantly Italian sausage. I grabbed 5 links of the hot and mild, put it in my insulated bag in the top case of the bike. Last stop was Penzy's. Not that I needed much, but just to find where things are in my new city and it is good to see something familiar. From there I took the longest, hilliest, curviest way back home. Riding a motorcycle on December 4th, mid 60's. Perfect weather. Not cold, not hot, just right. 

Came home and grilled up those sausages. What's the verdict? The grind is much like what I like, coarse, not the over processed grind of some supermarket brands. The spicy were pretty good, missing something. The mild were very much the same good, but again missing something. my guess is fennel. 

Maybe I take up sausage making when we get into the new house? Ha, only half joking.  


No comments:

Post a Comment