Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Cincinnati

Some of you how see my tweets or Facebook items will know I was in Cincinnati this week.  For once it was uneventful and no delays or broken shoes or other crazy stuff that happens when I travel.

However, I did have some interesting observances, the rental car.

I was given this Chevy HHR - or toaster on wheels I like to call it.













How they ever sold this to any one I will never know.  Retro styling?  In fact it's no wonder GM has not done well.  The seating is horrible.  It has minivan type seating.  Very high up, more like sitting in a chair.  This brings me to the next issue that the front wind shield is small.   This combined with ridiculously high seating gave me a great view of the headliner.  At a stop light I could not see the lights unless I ducked my head down.  Add a giant rear-view mirror and I might as well look through a a port hole.  But enough about the bitching and moaning on the car I got.

When I came back from the all day meetings, I saw another HHR in the hotel lot.  Funny right?









So of course I park next to it and take a funny picture.  This was a Hertz rental also, based on the bar code on the windows.

The next morning I go out to get to the airport for an early flight and see not 2 but 3 HHR's in the same hotel lot.  














Again all the same color and all rentals.   What is going on?  Apparently they were giving a great deal on these cars.

So off to the Airport and rental return only to pull in behind.... yes you guessed it.  More HHR's.  2 in fact, although not red this time.














I inquired with the lady from Hertz as I turned the car in.  She laughed and said "I think the got them buy one, get one free".  I told her even at that rate them they still paid too much for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment