Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ripping it up

Ok Maybe not ripping it up too much.   Had the day off and went to Cascade Mountain in Portage with Mackenzie and Joel.  We even brought the snow boards.

The day started out ok.  Until 20 miles from the slopes I realized I was so worried that the kids had everything that I forgot my jacket.   It was plenty warm to board with just my vest but it was also foggy and drizzling.  That was the bad part.  So I bought a nice waterproof shell at the pro shop.  Hey, no good time comes cheap.

First few runs were a bit sketchy for Kiki.  First time on a chair lift, first time off a chair lift.  Then it took her quite a while to get her feet and skill back.  A few tears and finally she was back in business.


Look a Smile!














After about two and a half hours we went in for some lunch.
Again, no good time comes cheap.  3 hot dogs, 2 burgers, some fries, cheese curds and 3 sodas = $39.00  OUCH!  We had granola bars and apples in the car.








Of course being so warm and wet Mackenzie's gloves were soaked.  Because the also had holes in them.  Back to the pro shop.  Cha Ching!  Thank god her lift ticket was free with my lift ticket.
Back on the slope and to the top of the mountain on the high speed lift.  Then through some blue trails to get to the far out greens for Kiki.   She forgot everything from the morning session.  But by a few runs later was all good.


Taking a small break at the top.

I have to say Joel and I dropped in and had some nice sessions.  Everything came back very quick.  I have to be careful when pointing out the "old dudes".  I realize the age difference between me and the 'old' dudes is probably 10 years or less.  I am an 'old dude' in this demographic.


However, I did get props from some kids, who thought my set up was sweet.  Now only if my skills were up to par of my sweet gear.








Around 4 Mackenzie declared she hurt all over.  We went to the coffee shop, sat down assesed the situation and realized we were done.  Not bad, we only had 2 hours left on our lift passes anyway.  So we packed up the T-Wrx with the gear and headed out.

Stopped in Fox Lake for dinner at the Boat House.  Nice little place on the Fox Lake peninsula.

Dinner and drinks.

Got home around 7:30.

A great day with my kids.  I hope they enjoyed it as much as me.

Although I am a bit sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment