Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Easy like a Saturday Morning

So last week was month 6 of not ingesting caffeine.  The experiment has run its course.  Nothing gained, save a few dollars for coffee and nothing lost.  Actually I enjoy not having that coffee craving every morning. It sure made business travel that much easier.  No worries about where I could get my morning coffee or if I would get a headache if I didn't.  But overall no other health positives (or negatives for that matter).

Anyway, last Saturday I said, "time to have some coffee".


So there it is in all its glory,  It tasted ok.  But after 2 1/2 cups over an hour and a half  or so and I was shaking.  The rest of the day was pretty crappy, like sick to my stomach hungover type feeling.  And no I did not drink heavily (one beer with dinner in Madison)  the previous night.   Wow, that is a severe reaction to being more ore less caffeine free for half a year.  So if I do start drinking again it has to be a lot less than what I was drinking prior to quitting.  At this point it will probably be only a someday thing and not an everyday thing like it used to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment