Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Survivor!

Thursday Jim and Reilly went camping for the night at Long Lake state park.  Since its about 25 minutes from me I joined them for a while after work.

We biked for 2 hours on the lake to lake trail.  That takes us from Long Lake to Mauthe Lake parks.  Round trip of about 14 miles.  


We found a geocache for the heck of it.  We had the opportunity to find a ton more, but the bugs were really bad off the trail so we thought we would come back in fall.  Made it back to camp and it started raining.  Of course.  Time to make this all about surviving.  Jim gave Reilly the magnesium fire starter and he went to town like a little pyro!  Got the fire started and the started cooking hot dogs over the open flame.  I had to bid farewell as I had a softball game to get to by 8.  

They looked like they had it under control.  Wish I could have stayed longer.  Maybe next time we all do a 1-2 night camping trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment