Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So it's cold and I put the bike away for the winter.  But I got cross country skis to make up the difference.

I put them to use last weekend.  Man it's been a long time since I skied x-crounty.  Like close to 30 years.  Jim and each had a pair for skis and would go through Currie park and the Menominee river parkway for some fun adventures.

Fast forward to Sunday and - There I was at the Zillmer Trails.  This place is specifically for skiing and hiking.  There is a warming house with a wood burning stove and tables and chairs groomed trails and nice parking lot.  When I got there I was a little apprehensive. The lot was packed.  Great, time to re-learn in front of a bunch of people.  I almost left.   Actually the place is big enough that you don't run into a ton of people,  there were plenty but it did not make it for a crowded trail system.

So I headed out on the brown 'easiest' trail.   Only 1.2 Miles in length.  Yea, I fell a few times as I got my legs underneath me.  But it became quite enjoyable and the scenery was nice. 

The weather was great too.  Mid 20's sunny.  Perfect.  I almost ditched my jacket shell, once I was warmed up.


After I looped around the brown trail - I decided to hit the green trail,  'more difficult' this one was 1.8 miles.  Again, not too bad, I could feel the quad's burning and the other little used mucsles begin to protest but I had to get a little more in.  This trail had a bit more hill to it, both up and down, makes some exciting sections.  Near the end, I flopped and used a pole to help me back up, bad idea.  my fat ass bent that sucker.  So I bent it back a bit.  But it's kinked a few places.  Oh well.  

Some of the detail with my GPS and heart rate monitor

No comments:

Post a Comment