Pages

Friday, January 24, 2014

Woo! let the winter activities keep on rolling! So Sunday I went skiing, and Monday being a holiday for me, I went snowboarding! My annual trip up to Cascade Mountain. This time is wasn't solo, I went with an in-law of sorts - Dave.  He's married to my niece Katie.  He asked me at the annual holiday party if my snowboard ever left my office wall.  Of course it does, sometimes....

He mentioned he was a boarder from way back.  Since I don't have any other friends that partake in these foolish activities, I asked him to go.  He's the same age as my brother, so hey it's not like he's way younger than me.

The day was pretty nice, overcast with flurries all day.  Took me a while to get back up to speed but wasn't too bad,  would get tired, sloppy and then fall.  (Did I mention how sore I was from the skiing the day before?) Took a break and go back out for more.  We did about 18 runs all day, not bad since it was packed (longer lift lines) and I am out of shape (recurring theme).



We stayed until about 5:30 then headed home.  Stopping at the Boat House for dinner.  The Boat House on Fox Lake.  The same one we stopped at over three years ago when I went with the kids.

Last time:
 It was dead, with un-approving old people....


This time, all you can eat wings for $8.00 brings them in.  I was a little sad because it brought back the memories of going with them and that was the last time we all went as a family. 

Anyway, here is a little snippet of the day from my GPS/heart monitor again.  Kid of funny you can see the heart rate go up as I go down and then it slows as we ride the lift back to the top.  Also neat to see the elevation graphs.  

No comments:

Post a Comment