Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

With all the cold an snow I look out at the deck, see the grill and wonder when the next time I will fire that bad boy up.  My guess maybe late February.  Plus I have to get a few parts for the gas ignition system.  Or just go back to paper chimney to start it.

All told last year I grilled over 84 pounds of assorted barn yard animals. Tasty.  Let's not forget to count the pizzas I made.  Which by my calculation* is the equivalent of a 36" round pizza.  Mama Mia!

*  11 total  11" personal pizzas

Area of a circle = π * r ²  (we are estimating my pizzas to be somewhat circle shaped)

so (3.14* 5.5²)*11 = 1044 Sq inches

to bring that back into one large pie (π haha) we reverse it a bit

1044/3.14=r²

332=r²

or r=18.2"  So a 36" diameter pizza.

And there is your math lesson for the year!  (I did this with no help from the internet either.)

No comments:

Post a Comment