Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Well I think I angered mother nature by cleaning the cars, grilling and putting away the snow blower.  Back to under 30's and possible rain snow.  

It won't stop me from prepping to do the Trek100.   2 weeks ago I got an email that my work was putting a team together for the ride.  I hemmed and hawed and said why not?  There are 31 riders so far with a goal of $10,000 to be raised a s a team for the MACC fund.  Thanks to those who sponsor/pledge for me.  I am still a little apprehensive on this ride.  I haven't done a long distance ride (50 miles or more) since oh 1995? Last year I did a 22 mile ride with little training and on crushed gravel the whole way.  I already got some new tires for my bike.  Yes, I am using my mountain bike and no, I will not ride that much on off-road tires. Apparently  it's not such a crazy idea.  There are so many road slicks for MTB wheels it was hard to choose.  

They did arrive earlier this week and I wasted no time slapping them on.  This weekend I will clean an tune up the bike so I will be ready to start training once the weather gets into the 60's at least.   The only downside to this is I won't be able to hit any trail rides until I switch my wheels back.  Thats ok its only 65 days away.

My impromptu maintenance stand.

Man those are skinny tires.  Not sure I remember how to ride on those.  


In other Turk news. Joel is in SanDiego CA the next few days.  He's doing some west coast engineering 'meet'. Impressed?  I am.    Oh and he's trying to catch up to me on seeing games at different ballparks as he went to the Padres -  Dodgers game last night.  Just a bit jealous.  



No comments:

Post a Comment