Pages

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Hey good news! The project I started on Memorial weekend is finally over.  Yep, the house is done being painted.  121 days start to finish.  Ok, I really did not try that hard to do it fast.  To my credit it was way more than a repaint.  New porch, repaired many rotten windows, sills and stop.  I was not even in the state for more than 3 weeks.  Nice weather, friends with kayaks.  Rental of large machinery coordinated with others.  Almost couldn't get off the roof after painting the back of the chimney chase. (got a case of the yips when trying to get back on the ladder from the roof. 5 minutes to calm down and I was back on Terra Firma).

I am not actually done yet, I did have to order 3 new storm windows so when they come - they will need to be painted as well.  6 gallons of paint to do the job.  Incredible.  

What's next for this old house?  Hopefully nothing that will require me to go 40' plus in the air for extended periods of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment