Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

Kayaking with Kiki

 Kiki and I continue to have great road trips together.  Sunday was no exception.  My friend Bob calls me Saturday and says 'Hey, we are going to Mirror Lake state park"  (Jenny was also camping there this weekend).

I said I think we can do it it.  Tracy can't go because of her hip right now so I asked Mackenzie to go with me.  She had a little cold and was a little hesitant as she had never been in the boat.  "it's not that hard" I said.  " Ok" she replied

I packed the car before the sun came up and we were our the door at 8:30.  We couldn't have got a better day.  80° and sunny.  We got to the lake around 10:30 am and on the water by 11 once we got all unpacked and parked.

Great little lake right outside the Dells.  Awesome boat ramp and no wake for motor boats so first timers did not have to worry about waves.  Mirror lake lived up to its name.  Glass flat water.  However there were a lot of nice colors and even better were all the sandstone cliffs some over 50 feet above the water.

We made 3 separate trips going down each section of the lake for a total of 7 miles.  We stopped in between legs to give everyone a break and eat lunch or have a beverage.

Kiki figured it out in about 10 minutes (she chalks it up to her white water expereice in Tennessee).

Before I know it shes got her feet out and paddling like she's in some kind of lazy-boy.  Needless to say she enjoyed it.

We packed up and headed home.  What a great early fall day.  Wish they could all be that nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment