Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Quick Visit

Last week I was in Arizona for work and so I dropped in on Joel and we went to dinner. By dropped in,  I mean drove an hour and forty five minutes to see him.

When I am at home, you don't think you miss them that much.  I mean it's just not always front and center with everything that is going on.

Well I picked him up at his apartment, met for the first time, his room mate Quincy.  For a while we did not think he even existed.  Grabbed a bite to eat and we talked non stop.  Real  face time not that iDevice thing.

Only got to spend about 2 hours with him before having to drop him off so he could go to a 6:30 steel bridge competition meeting (he's on the committee).  Then after than he had intramural soccer until 10 PM.

I gave him a few hugs and sadly went back to my room.  However, I found out he had an hour break between classes on Friday.  Before I headed back we met up for some Jamba Juice and a few more laughs.  I walked him to his next class, had a few more hugs and good byes and off he went.  Not as sad as the night before, but still a little bit.

Ahh my little buddy isn't so little anymore.  Does his own thing all by himself.  I suppose this is pretty much what it feels like when they move out for good.  Odd being in the nest instead of the one spreading wings.

See you later alligator.  At least for Thanksgiving if nothing else.




Yep he's still Joel.  


The original campus building Old Main is finally restored.  Last year it was completely covered with scaffolding and workers. 


Never get tired of mountains - even from the hotel room.



No comments:

Post a Comment