Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bad day. Work was slow, sitting in my office sun streaming in all nice and warm. I forgot to get Kiki at school after intramural's. So much so to think to myself, I wonder where she is. "Oh Shit I was supposed to get her", luckily it was only 10 minutes after I was supposed to get her. Needless to say she was the last kid there. Ugh.

Then I go to drop the car off for Joel at school (so he has it for coming home from his basketball game). Halfway to FonDuLac - I realize I left my phone in the other car. Not so bad. We stop at the ATM to get some money to get into the game. Some punk starts approaching me as I was getting my money and I think, really? He's just looking for cigarettes. Get in the car and drive to the game. Mackenzie asks as we drive away, do you know that guy, he's waving to you. This was the guy behind me at the ATM. I said no.

Mind you Joel has seen limited playing time this year. New coaches so he has to show up all the time to prove it, again. So he has started practicing with a vengeance. It payed off this game. However, because we were running late by the time Tracy gets home, drop the car off, get money, the game has started. Just in time to pay the door and hear - "Joel Turk for Threeeee". Tracy and I look at each other and frown and laugh at the same time. Get to the bleachers and watch the game. A thrilling OT win 51-49 over Winnebago Lutheran.

We watch 3 quarters of the varsity game and leave to head home. By the time we get home it will be 10, on a school night. Late for Kiki.

Just about through Fondy and I realize we need gas. Quick pull into a gas station and see a mini van. 1994 Quest mind you, just like the one we had, same color, same wheels, same rusted hitch. quite a bit worse for wear, rust in the wheel wells etc but still running. It had to be our van, there were very few of them when it was new and even fewer now. To have the exact same 2" hitch and tow bar I left in it, (cause it had rusted tight) is just too coincidental. To think I got $1500.00 trade on that in 2003.

Anyway, I reach into my pocket, dig out my wallet. Look for the familiar debit card, that I no longer see, or feel in any pocket. Flash back to: "Do we know that guy, he's waving at you" I left my card in the ATM, damn punk asking for cigs completely knocked me off my game.

Man what a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment