Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Overstepped?

Last night we did Mineshaft pizza for Matt's Birthday. Most of the family went. Except Matt had to piss a moan so much, upset his mom and sat like a little jerk not eating etc at the table. I could go on with this. The fact that he has no influence or discipline in his life for the past 15 years that he thinks he can just get away with most stuff.

Tracy and I have tried over the past few years to be some calming influence for him. Doing what we can to integrate him into our family or at least a semblance of a family. Being a compass when he has none. For the fact he's slept here for at least 2 weekend every month makes me feel good that he feels comfortable with us.

Well, I am not his parent but since his real ones act like servants to him he's not sure what they are. Last night his moody ass sat across the table from me. Laurie took a phone call (for an auto accident she had, backed into another car, cause she was upset with Matt) and left the table.

I lit into him - at the table. His aunts, uncles, cousins and Nana all 11 others witnessed my hot head. I told him what a selfish little a-hole he was and that his mother bends over backwards for him and he just treats her like a pile of crap. I told him to get his act together, stop being an a-hole. Respect his mother and others. I went on about how he needs a good boot in the ass, etc etc. I was fuming. Once my 2 minute tirade was over I calmed down, looked at everyone, who was either slack jawed or looking at their plates, like they did not hear a thing.

His mom came back and it was as if nothing happened. Everyone continued as if it was a merry occasion. Except Matt, who still ate nor drank anything that entire evening. Basically ruining Laurie's attempt to make his birthday at least a little special. So much so she had tears at the end of the night. And that was not even knowing what I said.

Either way, I did send him an apology note. Not for what I said. Just my awful timing. You know I go back and forth on that too. Sometimes you have to make a spectacle. I said what everyone was thinking. What people are afraid to say. It's not often I do that. I dunno, we will see if anything I said sticks or makes it worse. I hate to see Laurie get stepped on (only because of her lack or discipline) and Matt became some thing worse with nobody to help. Only time will tell.

Times a bitch. Time will tell, Time heals all, all we got is time on our hands, no time like the present.......

No comments:

Post a Comment