Pages

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

computer woes, but I'm rich

My computer is starting to really crap on me. Most of the part (CPU/CD/HDD) are circa 2005 and the video card 2006. Not that old but man, the disk errors and blue screens and other problems are just piling up. When in doubt fresh install of XP. That really did not help, it looks like hardware issues. This thing never get shut off and is used pretty hard. The family laptop is even worse. That is 2003 and won't run XP anymore so I have Ubuntu (as advertised on this blog). The battery is no good amd its a large bit of bulk, It's great for an email/web machine. It won't do iTunes and sad as that sounds, the girls use that.

Good news is I got my Federal Assistance er Stimulus check via Direct Deposit yesterday. Now I am rich. New computer? pay for the barn? decisions decisions.

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment